• Animal Ordinance  – In Cranberry Township, all pet dogs and cats must remain under the control of their owners.  
  • Butler County Dog Licensing - Purchase online or at the Cranberry Library.
  • Exotic Animals   – Exotic wild pets require State Game Commission permits.     
  • Farm Animals – Cranberry does not have regulations concerning horses or other farm livestock.
  • Animal pests – Contact an animal removal service for invasive pests, such as raccoons. Animal Services 412-795-9333 or 412-366-4225; Critter Control 724-775-5444;  Giger Pest Control 724-898-2244; or others you may find listed. The Pennsylvania Game Commission will not respond to these calls. 
  • Bats - Contact Giger Pest Control, Animal Services, Critter Control (listed above). Important safety information concerning bats from the Center for Disease Control & Prevention.  Learning about bats and rabies 
  • Lost a pet? Found a Pet? Lost Paws   Ph: 724-503-4417 
  • Crespo Wildlife Solutions  - 814-421-9396. Handles all species of wildlife, including but not limited to Canada geese, bats, skunks, groundhogs, squirrels, flying squirrels, raccoons, feral (wild) cats, starlings, pigeons, sparrows, barn swallows, opossums, porcupines. Service areas include: Cranberry, Beaver, Ellwood City, New Castle, Johnstown, Altoona, Greensburg, Latrobe, Ligonier, Somerset, Murrysville, Irwin,  and surrounding areas.

Dead Animals 

  • Dead deer or dead bear, found on Cranberry Township roadwayscontact the Pennsylvania Game Commission   Call: 814-432-3187.  
  • Dead deer or bear found on Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) roadways within the Township, call the PennDOT Hotline 724-284-8800.    
  • Dogs found on State or Township roadways within Cranberry Township, call the Police Department, 724-776-5180.
  • Other Domestic and Non-Domestic Animal On State or Township roadways within Cranberry Township, callCustomer Service,  724-776-4806, to submit a service request for removal.