Building and Zoning Codes
The group is primarily responsible for building, zoning, sign and fire prevention permit review, issuance and inspection. Key functions include enforcement of the building and zoning code(s), the Property Code and responding to citizen concerns related to such matters.
Effective October 1, 2018 - Cranberry Township has adopted the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code and will adhere to the 2015 International Codes, as well as the referenced standard ICC ANSI A117.1.2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities.
Sidewalk maintenance is the responsibility of every property owner. In the warmer months, remember to keep sidewalks clear of debris, such as bush and tree limbs. During the winter, remember that snow and ice removal from sidewalks is the responsibility of each resident and business whose properties abut those sidewalks. Sidewalk maintenance
Questions? Please call, Ph: 724-776-4806 x1105.
|Residential|| Most residential construction projects require a building permit
|Non-Residential||Request a permit packages for commercial buildings, zoning approvals, tenant build-outs and renovations.
|Signs||Exterior signage is regulated by the Township's zoning ordinance.
|Code of Ordinances||The fee schedule for inspections, technical reviews, utility services, rentals, permits and application approvals.
|Fire Alarms, sprinkler systems, hood/Ansul systems and testing; plus false alarms and fees for false alarms.
|Building / Fire Code Appeals Board||The Building / Fire Code Appeals Board meets as needed. Before filing a request for a variance, please call Planning & Development Services.|
|The Zoning Hearing Board meets on the 3rd Monday at 7:30 PM as needed. Before filing a request for a variance, please call Planning & Development Services.
|Issued Permits||We publish a monthly summary report for Residential and Non-Residential construction permits issued.|
- What Building Codes are enforced by the Township?
- What is the difference between a Type I and Type II permit and why does Cranberry Township issue permits that way?
- Do I need a permit for a deck, shed, or addition to my home or porch?
- How do I obtain a building permit for a swimming pool (in-ground or above-ground)?
- Are permits required when finishing a residential basement?
- Does a children’s play-set require a permit?
- Does a fence require a permit?
- What is the required guardrail height for a deck, balcony, or porch?
- Do plans for a new house or addition have to be stamped by an architect or engineer?
- Who does electrical inspections in Cranberry Township?