Child Abuse and Background Clearances
Pennsylvania law requires volunteers (14 years and older) to complete 3 separate clearances as part of the volunteering process who has care, supervision or control over children or routinely interact with children as an integral part of their day-to-day job responsibilities.
Note: All volunteers having direct contact with children must obtain clearances prior to the start of their coaching season.
The required clearances are:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance
- Pennsylvania Criminal Background check conducted by the State Police
- Federal Background Check conducted by the FBI OR Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers
You must complete all 3 clearances before you can be considered for any volunteer position
- Allow 10-14 days for the Child Abuse and PA Criminal Background checks
- Completed forms must be returned to the Human Resources Dept. Hard copy forms must be returned
- You are exempt from the FBI clearance if you have been a PA resident during the entirety of the previous ten year period. If this is the case, please read and sign the attached disclosure statement INSTEAD of submitting an FBI clearance.
- If you have previously obtained any of these clearances, that are no older than 60 months (5 years), Cranberry Township requires printed copies of all forms.
Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance
Visit the Child Welfare Portal Opens a New Window. to obtain an electronic report
- Create an individual account. You will need an email address
- Click next
- Keystone ID: create a username
- Complete the fields and click on finish
- Follow the prompts for creating a password (You will receive 2 emails -1 with your username & 1 with your password
- Return to the site and Log in
- Click through the continue and next prompts
- Click on “Create a Clearance Application”
- Read through and click “Begin” at the bottom of the page
- Click next
- Enter in your name, birthday, gender, “yes” for Social Security Number, email address
- Complete the remaining sheets by clicking on the “+” to add and then complete the fields
- Click on next at the bottom of each page
You will be asked if your organization provided a payment code for your application
- Select NO. It will state that your application will be free if you have not received a clearance in 57 months.
- Submit the Application
Please email a copy of your results to: VolunteerForms@cranberrytownship.org
Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check
- Visit Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History Opens a New Window.
- Select New Record Check (Volunteers Only) this will be free of charge.
- Add the organization name Cranberry Township
- Make certain you keep your "Control Number" if you had an initial status of "Record Under Review"
- Check Status is case sensitive, and you must complete this exactly as you did in the initial request
Please email a copy of your results to VolunteerForms@cranberrytownship.org
FBI Background Check
If you have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years:
- Download and complete the Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers. Opens a New Window.
- Return the completed form to Human Resources, Cranberry Township, 2525 Rochester Rd., Cranberry Township, PA 16066 or bring to Customer Service.
If you have been a Pennsylvania resident for less than 10 years please do the following:
- Visit https://uenroll.identogo.com/ Opens a New Window.
- Enter the following Service Code to get started: 1KG6ZJ
- Click on Schedule or Manage Appointment
- On the Method of Contact page, choose Email as your preferred method of contact so that you receive an email confirmation once your registration is complete.
- Complete all fields with a red asterisk and select Next for each section
- On the Employer Information page, enter “Cranberry Township” and the following address: 2525 Rochester Road, Suite 400, Cranberry Township, PA 16066.
- On the Personal Questions page, check NO to the question asking if you have an Authorization Code
- Documents – It is very important to take the document that you have selected in this section to your fingerprinting appointment.
- Locations page – You can enter your zip code to find the closest locations to choose to get your fingerprints taken. The locations that are closest to Cranberry are listed below.
- You will receive an email confirmation after you have selected your appointment location and time. Print a copy of this email and take this with you to your appointment (along with your identification).
- PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to submit payment for your clearance at the time of fingerprinting. Credit Cards, Money Orders, and Business Checks are accepted forms of payment. The current cost of this clearance for volunteers is $21.85 (subject to change).
When you receive your official FBI results in the mail,
email a copy to VolunteerForms@cranberrytownship.org
All volunteers will be issued an ID badge & lanyard. It is required that you wear your ID badge EACH time you volunteer. You will not be permitted to volunteer if you do not have your ID badge. Set up an appointment with Human Resources to have your photograph taken.
Fingerprinting Locations and Hours
Hours & locations are subject to change
The UPS Store
4885 McKnight Rd.
Pittsburgh PA 15237
Hours: Monday-Friday, 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Beaver Valley Intermediate Unit 27
147 Poplar Ave.
Monaca, PA 15066
Men’s Christian Association of Sewickley Valley (located inside the Sewickley Valley YMCA)
625 Blackburn Rd.
Sewickley, PA 15143
Ph: 412-741-9622 (this is the phone number for the Sewickley Valley YMCA)
Hours: Mon., Tues. & Thurs.: 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM; Wed.: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM