There’s only one safe way to dispose of unused medications – and Cranberry Township is working to help keep those items off the street.
The annual Drug Take-Back Event is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, October 28 in the rear parking lot of the Municipal Center, 2525 Rochester Road. It offers a safe way to dispose of unused, unwanted, or expired medications.
A few tips for the disposal of medications:
- Dispose of medications in the original container or by removing the medication from its container and disposing of it directly into the disposal box.
- Remove any identifying information if disposing in original container.
- If disposing of vape pens or other e-cigarette devices, remove batteries. If they cannot be removed, check with chain stores which may accept them for proper disposal.
- Liquid products such as cough syrup should remain sealed in their original container. Ensure the cap is tightly sealed.
- Intra-venous solutions, injectables, and syringes will NOT be accepted due to potential hazard posed by blood-borne pathogens.
This event will also serve as a used eyeglass donation drop-off for the Cranberry Township Lions Club’s Mission-Vision to provide glasses to those in need. Glasses can be dropped off at any time during the event. In the past eight years, the Club has collected more than 43,000 pairs of glasses.