With winter weather in the forecast, here are a few ways you can help the Township's Public Works crews keep streets clear:
• Clear roadways of any parked or standing cars.
• Remove any sports equipment from roadway – basketball hoops, hockey nets, etc.
• Check mailboxes are secure and supports are strong
• Do not shovel snow from driveways onto roadways.
• Shovel or plow snow to the right side of the driveway as you face the road, opposite the snow plow’s approach to avoid snow being pushed back across the driveway
• Do not cover fire hydrants or manholes with snow
As a reminder, Township ordinance requires the owner whose property is traversed by that sidewalk to clear the sidewalk of snow within 48 hours of a snow event.