On Sunday, March 17, Americans will observe St. Patrick's Day. It is a holiday frequently associated with drinking. It is also associated with DUI fatalities. According to NHTSA, 60 people were killed in drunk-driving crashes over the St. Patrick’s Day holiday in 2016. Here are some precautions you can take to make yours a safe holiday:
· Designate a sober driver or have an alternate transportation plan before the party begins.
· Download NHTSA’s free SaferRide phone app for calling a taxi or a friend.
· Friends don’t let friends drive drunk; arrange a safe way for them to get home.
· Don't ride in a vehicle with an intoxicated driver.
· Always buckle up; it's your best defense against drunk drivers.