More about CTPA Memberships
We will start accepting new members once our new 6-court expansion is completed which we are expecting to be May/June 2023. We apolgize but our growth has been so rapid, that we need to limited the amount of members to assure our current members have enough playing opportunities.
Questions contact email@example.com
Why are we growing so quickly? Because we make pickleball fun!
We provide "level play" to assure everyone playing is about the same skill level assuring fun and quality play
We allow you to schedule your play and we make sure the courts are not crowded.
We have "multi-level" play opportunities in case you want to try playing higher level players.
We have "Your Four" that allows you and three of your friends to play together without having others join in.
If you play for fun or are a very serious player, we have events specifically designed for you,
We have the CTPA Academy that allows you to improve your level of play.
As members of CTPA we control our own schedule and policies because we pay for our courts and opererational expenses with our membership fees and other programming.
Benefits of Membership
- FITNESS, FUN & FRIENDS: CTPA is all about enjoying pickleball with similar people with the same interests to play.
- EXCLUSIVE HOURS: CTPA Members will have exclusive court hours and access via their membership cards. We ask all members to display their cards during CTPA times.
- LEVEL PLAY/CLUB RATING: To assure enjoyable pickleball our members have club rating to assure fun-level play. All members have the option to be evaluated for a higher level when they are ready.
- COMPETITIVE PLAY ASSURED: Because of ratings, you are assured of playing against players of a similar skill level.
- MULTI-LEVEL GAMES: We have a lot of games that are pure fun and are multi-level so friends of different levels can play together or a chance for you to play against better players.
- CTPA ACADEMY/PLAYER DEVELOPMENT: CTPA offers our Pickleball Academy that is composed of over 30 different clinics. A great way to improve. Take a clinic and practice the drills they teach you to improve. A proven success to be a better player.
- EARLY LEARNERS: Starting out can be intimidating and this program are for our PB-1/FT beginners to make them comfortable in playing the game and a chance to improve. It is done in a fun environment with a CTPA volunteer who helps you understand and play the game better.
- EXPANDING PICKLEBALL: As a member, you are helping to pay off the debt for building our facility bigger. with your membership and other fees. There is a feeling of ownership because our organization is run by volunteers.
- LARGEST PB CLUB: CTPA is the largest pickleball association in the state. There are few PB organization that provide a wide range of organized play to satisfy players of all skill ranges in the nation. CTPA does this and more. We are an all-volunteer organization. We program our own schedule and rules....so if there is something specific you like, you can help us make it a reality.
- INDOOR PLAY: CTPA will try to have indoor play at the Cranberry Township Municipal Center and other facilities that we can rent. Each year we try to make more sessions available but we are very limited in space and facilities are not always available. Therefore we cannot make any guarantees that all days and times will be available. There is a small charge to play indoors. Our ultimate goal is to build our own indoor facility.
- All this for less than $8 /month.: One of the lowest price offered in Cranberry Township Parks & Recreation for a sports membership. Click here for the fastest way to learn Pickleball...
New CTPA PB-1/Fast Track Clinic & Early Learners Program
Anyone who is new to pickleball should start with this 2 hr clinic and then up to 6 additional hours in our Early Learners program. With up to 8 hours of training you are learning the game the correct way. If you are not an experienced player and try to join CTPA as a new member with little or no understanding of pickleball you will struggle to establish a good foundation to learn the game. Most new members who join without the training of PB-1 & Early Learners end up unhappy with pickleball. This is why we developed this program as it transition beginners to properly play the game and build a good foundation to learn additional skills to improve your game further. Our trained instructors have taught over 1000 people the game of pickleball including some local celebrities.
When I join, what happens next?
If you sign up online, stop by the Parks & Recreation Customer Service desk to get your membership card so we can get you playing as quickly as possible.
You cannot play without a membership card. With your card, you will receive our "Welcome to CTPA" document to answer some of your questions. You can preview the document here, Welcome to CTPA Opens a New Window.
If you have question, please email Contact@CTPApickleball.com Opens a New Window.
Order CTPA Membership here MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOT AVAILABLE
NOTE: When Online Registration is not working, we have gone to 'Wait List'. Call or visit in person.
You can also order your membership in person at Cranberry Township Parks & Recreation desk.
Call 724-779-4 FUN (4386) x 1129 to verify their open hours.
Valid: Jan 1, 2023 - Dec. 31, 2023
This membership will allow you to select one event 7-days in advance and then unlimited events 3 days in advance.
Pickleball the way you want it.
ONE MEMBERSHIP but many ways to play
How we schedule play and the many programs & events we offer!
What makes us unique from a typical municipal court with no organization is how we schedule play and organize events. As a member you can actually schedule play to meet your own calendar and be assured that there will be people there to play and no long waits. And guarantee the quality of play during that session is meeting to your objectives....fun or competitive. You will have your own personal means to reserve your spot for events.
A typical weekly calendar for using our scheduling software is below.
Based on the events use, you can use your phone app or computer to reserve a spot under your name and also know who else signed up for that event. We allow members to schedule up to 6 days in advance and have a wait list function in case someone cancels, that spot can be filled again.
This is an example of a weekly schedule (click image to enlarge)
New Members Classes and Assist Program
We encourage people new to pickleball to start with our PB-1 class to learn the correct way to play pickleball. We have taught hundreds of people how to play the game and the class includes a paddle and ball to get you started. When you join CTPA we offer a new member assist program staffed by experienced CTPA volunteers to help introduce you to the courts, in how to sign up for sessions and will have their own court times available for you to get playing quickly in a no pressure environment.
Many people ask who are new to pickleball if they can join CTPA without taking PB-1 and the answer is YES, But you must own a paddle, know the rules and be able to play the game. Consider that PB-1 includes a paddle, a ball and 2 hour of lessons PLUS a three 2-hr sessions of Early Learners you are getting much more than what you are paying for the course. But we also understand that classes fill up fast and some people do not want to wait until the next class. More information, PB-1/FastTrack
Early Learners Program
Early Learners is not a beginner’s class, its purpose is to help knowledgeable players develop better playing skills by emphasizing forehand, backhand, serving and all basic pickleball strokes. Game play is part of each session. All players attending receive individual attention. A ratio of 1 to 4-6 students to a coordinator is the norm. This program helps players gain more confidence in their pickleball skills. Players can continue to develop their pickleball skillset by attending the Academy Classes offered through CTPA.
Variety of Play - Fun Play
We have expanded to wide variety of games that are played with fun fitness and friends. Games like UP/DOWN Split, Winners stays on and split, round robins and other games allow for a fun experience and the ability to play with friends of different skill level.
More Serious Play
We are one of the few PB clubs in nation that rank our members for better play. See rating procedures on the left hand tab of this page for more details of our club rating system. But, what it does is assures you quality level play against opponents for equal skills and many opportunities to play against players better than you in match or ladder play.
We have members who live several hours away because they can be assured to be able to play against for equal level vetted through our rating system. Our club evaluation procedure for rating has been very well received by members.
IMPROVE YOUR LEVEL OF PLAY! Pickleball Academy
Our Pickleball Academy consists of over 30 different level specific clinics. If you consider the many 2 and 3 day camps the cost of these are about $35 to $50/hour squeezed into a small timeframe. and you forget all you learned. Most of our clinics are 4/1 ratio and just $25 in which we will teach you drills to continue your improvement on your own or with a friend in the next weeks. Once you perfect it, come back and take another clinic and then practice the drills to improve that shill-shot. This is a more logical way to learn and a lot less to do so.
While many of our members do not care about ratings, they still want to play a better game. Its a fact that the better you are the more you enjoy the game. The Pickleball Academy will make a better player out of our members.
Don’t be turned off with all this Rating talk...... We have many enjoyable and fun games.
If you are a casual or social players you do not need to get a higher rating, Don’t be turned off by ratings....there are many games out there that rating is not even an issue. Many members never even play level play. So if you just want to play and have fun there are a lot of options for you. See "CTPA games" on the left hand tab of this page for all the games we play.
WHO ARE OUR MEMBERS?
About 15% just want to play for fun. They have no interest to be rated or even care if they win or lose. They are there with Friends, having Fun And Getting Exercise.
Another 15% of our members are very serious about the game. Pickleball is a passion and they want to play very competitive matches, focused on improving and a lot interested in tournament play.
And, about 70% of our member want the opportunity to test their skills in match & ladder play and want to improve to get to the next higher "Club rating". But, they also want to at times have fun and play in a no-pressure environment in games like UP/Down-Split, Round Robins, and Challenge Courts. .
ONE MEMBERSHIP but many ways to play.
PICKLEBALL the way YOU want to play.
Memberships are not refundable for any reason. Please consider a CTPA membership good for excellent outdoor play from mid-April to October and consider any play between November and mid-April, indoor & outdoor as a bonus to your membership.
New memberships includes one event 7-days in and unlimited 3-day selections of events.
Outdoor courts may be closed during the winter and indoor play is subject to availability and changes year to year. Membership are based on a calendar year.