Does a children’s play-set require a permit?
Residential outdoor play-systems including slides, swings, and portable sports paraphernalia don’t need a permit. For all commercial playground equipment, a permit is required .

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between a Type I and Type II permit?
2. Do I need a permit for a deck, shed, or addition to my home or porch?
3. Is a building permit required for a swimming pool?
4. Are permits required when finishing a residential basement?
5. Does a children’s play-set require a permit?
6. Does a fence require a permit?
7. What is the required guardrail height for a deck, balcony, or porch?
8. Do plans for a new house or addition have to be stamped by an architect or engineer?
9. Who does electrical inspections in Cranberry Township?
10. What are the regulations for a septic system and who enforces them?
11. What buildings require sprinkler systems for fire suppression?
12. Do I need a building permit before starting construction or alteration work?
13. Do I need a permit to build a new driveway onto my property?
14. How can I get an application for a building permit?
15. How long does it take to get a Residential building permit?
16. Do I need to pay for a permit when I drop off the application?
17. How many sets of plans must be submitted with a building permit application?
18. Is there an ordinance prohibiting high grass?
19. Are there regulations regarding junk vehicles?
20. What are the regulations regarding dilapidated or unoccupied buildings?
21. Can I build a pond, and if so what are the regulations?
22. Can a single family residence be a rental property?
23. How do I file a complaint regarding building, zoning or property maintenance?
24. Is there a noise ordinance regarding barking dogs?
25. Do I need a permit to install a concrete slab or paver type patio?
26. Do I need a permit to install a retaining wall?
27. Where can I find information on building a code-compliant deck for my house?
28. Can I hire my own Building Inspector for work done in Cranberry Township?