Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind?
While the new year has many asking that question - and others singing it off-key - there are a host of other things that should not be forgotten as the calendar turns to 2020.
It has been a year of success, change and hard work throughout the Township. That success is a tribute to many people throughout our community, and I’d like to take a moment and reflect on their various contributions before we ring in the arrival of another year.
• Our dedicated Fire/EMS/Police personnel who work 24/7, including holidays. These men and women leave their families behind to ensure the safety and well-being of others, and that commitment and sacrifice should never be taken for granted.
• The Board of Supervisors’ commitment to working with others, as shown in the collaborations that will enable the MSA Thruway project set to break ground in the spring.
• The Township’s Public Works crew who keep our roads safe during snow and ice conditions. It’s a thankless job but one that keeps our Township running smoothly.
• The Township’s Public Works crew who respond at all hours of the day and night and under all weather conditions to repair water line breaks to keep the water flowing to our homes.
• Doctors, nurses and staff who ensure UPMC Passavant/Cranberry Hospital provides ready access to our residents and businesses for emergency care.
• Our Board of Supervisors who are passionate about their service to the residents of Cranberry Township with a vision that is unmatched in the country.
• The Township’s family of employees who put customer service as their top priority.
• The Board of Supervisors’ continued commitment to collaboration with our neighboring municipalities to find way to work together to serve the mutual interests of our residents and businesses.
• The strong, supportive relationship that exists between the Township Government and the Seneca Valley School District. It is based upon the principle that great communities need great schools and great schools need great communities.
• For our amazing residents who are so deeply concerned about others in the communities and second to none in their willingness and passion to work together for the betterment of our community.
• For our volunteers serving on our boards and commissions, including the Library Board, the Planning Advisory Commission, the Zoning Hearing Board, the Building Code Board of Appeals and our Ad Hoc Environmental Advisory Committee.
• And personally, for the privilege and honor I have had serving the Board of Supervisors and this amazing community for 30 years, working alongside the best municipal workforce in the Commonwealth.
As we begin a new decade, let us all take a moment to appreciate our great community and those who comprise it.
I wish you a healthy and prosperous new year.
I'd love to hear your thoughts and reflections of the decade. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org