Trash and Recycling
Township Customer Service
Hours: Mon. – Fri., 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Sign up to receive:
- Click here to see your regular collection day.
- Variable base rates linked to the volume of household garbage generated. The larger the trash cart, the higher the base rate.
- A prepaid Collection Sticker system is used to discard extra items.
- Recycling and yard waste are collected at no additional cost.
- Single stream recycling- all recyclables in one cart. Find out what can be recycled in Cranberry
- Automated collection trucks are equipped with mechanical pickup arms.
- Customers are billed monthly for trash collection, as part of the Sewer, Water, and Trash bill.
TC Recycling LLC Provides Local Services for Hard-To-Recycle Items
TC Recycling is a recycling and refuse disposal station located in Mars (Adams Township) and is part of the Vogel family of businesses.
The center is open to the public and accepts trash and hard-to-recycle items. The convenience center is good for occasions in which there is more garbage than a refuse bin can handle, or to get rid of items such as hazardous electronic-waste, oil and latex paint.
Additionally, a recycling container is available at the main entrance for local residents to use at no charge. There, residents can drop off cardboard; HDPE and PET plastics; and aluminum, steel and bi-metal cans.
The center also accepts e-waste, including unbroken televisions and monitors, computers and laptops, printers and computer peripherals; oil; antifreeze; latex paint; and tires, either on or off the rim. Those items must be kept separate from the rest of the load, and additional fees apply.
Public Drop-Off Hours: Monday - Friday, 7 AM - 3 PM and Saturdays, 7 AM - 11 AM.
Location: TC Recycling, 126 Hutchman Road, Mars, PA. 16046.
Website: TC Recycling Check the website for additional information.
Cardboard Compactor at the Municipal Center
The Township’s commercial-strength cardboard compactor is capable of handling large volumes of residential cardboard carton waste. Located at the Municipal Center, the always popular, self-service machine is intended for Township resident use only.
- Don't leave boxes on ground. Wet or piled-up boxes can leave a mess. Please put all boxes inside the compactor.
- Break down boxes before compacting. Insert flat pieces of cardboard/flattened boxes into open slot.
- The compactor is for cardboard only. NO trash. NO styrofoam. NO packing peanuts. NO packing materials.
- Press the green button after loading cardboard to start compaction.
A camera monitors the compactor’s use. If the compactor is down, please contact Public Works at 724-776-4806 ext. 1005.
No collections are made when these holidays occur on a weekday: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
There is no schedule change if the holiday falls on a weekend, regardless of when the holiday is observed.
If your collection day is:
ON OR AFTER a weekday holiday, your collection will be 1 day later.
BEFORE a weekday holiday, there will be no change in your pick up.
Got flags in your yard? Utility companies are working to upgrade the telecommunications infrastructure in Cranberry Township. Click link for questions answered regarding this project. Additional Info...
December 4-8 is the final week of yard waste collection in 2023. Place green top cart or biodegradable paper bags curbside for collection on regular pickup day. Read on...