Property Tax Office
Annual Tax Due-Dates
- March 1 – Butler County/Cranberry Township property tax notices are mailed
- April 30 – Last day to pay Discount for Butler County/Cranberry Township property taxes
- June 30 – Last day to pay Face for Butler County/Cranberry Township property taxes
- August 1 – School property tax notices are mailed (Seneca Valley)
- September 30 – Last day to pay Discount for School property taxes (Seneca Valley)
- November 30 – Last day to pay Face for School property taxes (Seneca Valley)
- December 31 – Last day to pay current year property taxes
The Property Tax Collector's responsibilities
- Cranberry Township property taxes
- Butler County property taxes
- Seneca Valley School District property taxes
- Certifications on property and mobile homes being sold or refinanced. Records on Township, County and school taxes for the past three years are reviewed and broken down.
- Issuing removal permits for mobile homes
- Questions concerning current property taxes, property locations, property ownership and assessments
- Dealing with real estate agents and closing attorneys
- Locating properties for flood insurance
- Explaining to new residents their assessments and how they are calculated
Property tax due? Just say "Charge it!"
Credit cards can be used to pay property taxes
Pay your property taxes with your credit card through GovPayNet®, using your Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® or Discover® card for payments 24/7. Click the 'Pay Now' button on this page; or pay by phone, 1-888-604-7888.
- Have your tax statement handy.
- You will pay a *service fee at the time of the transaction.
- For added convenience, GovPayNet has a fully staffed, bilingual call center available 24/7.
- GovPayNet also handles all cardholder calls and inquiries about any payment issues.
Note:The card holder will pay a 2.5% service fee associated with the use of their card. For example, a tax bill of $1,000 would entail a $25 fee. Still, if a payment were made at the close of the face-value payment due-date, it would be cheaper than the 10% penalty which would otherwise apply. There are no charges to the local Tax Collector or the taxing bodies to participate in the service.