- Township Attractions
- Library Services
- Borrowing from the Library
Borrowing from the Library
How many items can I borrow?
You may have 25 items checked out on your card at one time.
How long do items circulate?
- As of 1/2/2022, all items now circulate for 3 weeks. This includes books, audiobooks, music CDs, eBooks, magazines, vertical file items, and DVDs.
- Items may be renewed up to three times as long as there are no requests for the item (holds).
How do I download an eBook or eAudiobook?
The library provides free eBook and eAudiobook downloads that you can read or listen to from your computer or mobile device. For directions, visit our Electronic Resource Help Page.
How do I renew items online?
- From the library homepage, click on My Account.
- Log in with your library card number and PIN number.
- Click on Account Activity.
- Click Renew Loan under each item you wish to renew.
- Check to make sure that the due date has changed. An item will not renew if it is overdue or if someone else has requested the item.
- The item will have moved to the bottom of the list once renewed.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that the item is renewed.
- You can also renew by telephone during business hours at 724-776-9100. Be prepared to give the Circulation Staff your library card number.
Note: Renewals cannot be made when:
- An item is overdue
- An item is reserved for another patron
- There are fines that exceed the limit of $5.00 against a patron’s record
- Renewal limit of three times is exceeded
Must I return Cranberry items to the Cranberry Public Library?
Items may be returned to any Butler County Library (Butler, Evans City, Mars, North Trails, Prospect, South Butler, Slippery Rock, and Zelienople), and checked-in off your account the same day.
You may also return your items to an Access PA library outside of Butler County, however there will be a delay of several weeks before we receive them, which may block your account from use during this time.
Allegheny, Beaver and other county library items returned to our library will be mailed to the item’s home library; however, there will be a delay of several weeks before the home library receives them, which may cause your account in these counties to be blocked until the items arrive.
How much is the fine for overdue items?
- Fines on overdue DVDs are $1.00 per day, per item.
- Fines on all other overdue items are .25 cents per day, per item for each day the library is open.
- No fine shall exceed the replacement cost of the overdue item.
I paid for a lost book that I just found. Can I get my money back?
For questions regarding a refund for item replacement fees please contact the Adult Services Manager at 724-776-9100 ext. 1126.
The item I want is not showing up in the catalog. Now what?
Try an Inter-Library Loan (ILL). We can check with libraries outside of the county for specific items. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for the items to arrive. You can check Access PA for the item you’re looking for and we can request to have it sent to our library for pick up. We no longer require a $2.00 deposit for this service. For questions regarding the ILL process please call 724-776-9100 ext. 1119 during business hours.
*Please note: If the item you are requesting is a current year fiction or audiovisual title, we may not be able to fulfill an Inter-Library Loan request.
If you are requesting a current year fiction or audiovisual title, you may also fill out a Suggest A Purchase form for an item we don’t own.