What can be recycled in Cranberry?
Recycling is important, but it can be complicated. Place all recyclable materials in the Blue Top recycling cart. There is no need to separate different types of recyclable materials. Please empty and rinse all containers.
- Our self-service Cardboard Compactor is located behind the Municipal Center for residential use.
- No Styrofoam or packing 'peanuts'. Reuse or take to a local retail shipping business or bag them and place these items in your GRAY-TOP trash cart.
- Do not dispose of garbage or trash with the cardboard.
- If the compactor is full, do not leave boxes outside.
- A camera monitors the compactor's use.
Tough to Recycle!
Cranberry Collection events
Receive email notifications with Collection Connection
HHW, Televisions, other electronics, and chemicals
ECS&R by appointment
129 Ash Stop Road, Evans City, PA 16033
Learn more about household hazardous waste
Earth 911 - Search this extensive database by zip code or item.
Drugs (prescription and other) Safe, secure disposal bin located in the Township Police Department lobby.
Some items, while made of recyclable materials, are not accepted in your blue recycling cart. Items placed outside of the cart must be stickered and will be taken as trash.
- Wire Hangers Reuse or take back to a local dry cleaner.
- Plastic Hangers Reuse or donate. If broken, discard in your Gray Top trash cart.
- Plastic Bags If you are unable to reuse your plastic bags, the best way to recycle them is to take them to a local grocery store plastic bag recycling container. Plastic Bags cause damage to the recycling facility machines.
- Plastic bubble wrap and packing peanuts Reuse or take to a local retail shipping business.
Retire Your worn or faded "Old Glory"
Cranberry Township was the first municipality to welcome the project in April 2011. Flags should be retired in a dignified and respectful manner when they are no longer a fit for display and replaced with a new flag.
Recycle the Good Times!
Backyard bashes, graduation gatherings, championship celebrations, holiday blowouts, block parties...
We will lend - free of charge - a recycling rack with bags for recyclables and another rack for the party trash.
- There is no cost or deposit required, but you must present a driver’s license as proof of residency, at the time of pick-up.
- We suggest one set of recycling racks for every 50 people. A set consists of: (1) trash rack; (1) recycling rack; plus 2 bags for each rack.
- Pick up the recycling racks from the Customer Service Desk, 724-776-4806, ext. 5. Mon.-Fri., 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Racks must be returned within 3 days after your event to the Customer Service Center or, if returned after-hours, to the designated location (beside the rear automatic sliding doors at Municipal Center) Please call 724-776-4806, ext. 5 and leave a message that the racks were returned).
- Trash disposal is your responsibility. Use the bags furnished with the racks. Each bag that does not fit into your trash bin will require an Extra-Bag-Collection Connection sticker, and may be placed curbside on your regular collection day. Bag stickers may be purchased through Customer Service.
- Recycling items should be put into the clear ‘recycling’ bags furnished by the Township, and placed curb-side with your trash/recycling bins on your regular collection day.
- If you are not trash collection customer, please dispose of the bags properly.
Print the request form Opens a New Window. and bring it to Customer Service.