Save on your water bill with a deduct meter
Deduct Meter Options
A deduct meter enables customers to realize a savings for water that does not enter the sanitary sewage system. Examples of water that does not enter the system: lawn sprinkler systems, swimming pools, washing vehicles.
Deduct meters can be used by residential and business customers. The savings appears on the sewage portion of the monthly Sewer & Water bill. Deduct Meter Request
Is a deduct meter right for me?
A typical home uses 30,000 gallons per year for outside watering. A customer that uses 30,000 gallons for outside watering would realize a savings of $284.40 (30 thousand X $9.48) yearly. $9.48 is the sewage rate per 1,000 gallons. ($.009480/1 gallon)
Deduct Meter 5/8” X ¾ Costs: $453.00
Estimated Plumbing Costs: $200.00
By dividing $653.00 by $284.40, it will take approximately 2.3 years to realize a savings beyond the investment.
Individual water usage varies, so the realized savings will also differ.
Estimated Total: $653.00
Contact our Customer Service Center with questions. Ph: 724-776-4806
Deduct Meter Installation Guidelines
- The installation site of the deduct meter must be within 3 feet of the existing domestic water meter spread.
- Only the outside hose bibs (faucets) and lawn sprinkler systems can be connected to the deduct meter. (nothing internal)
- Cranberry Township will install the deduct meter and the remote reader. Under normal installations (i.e. unfinished basements or open areas) the Township will install the wire for the remote reader.
- If the deduct meter is to be installed in a finished basement, in a closet or boxed-in area, it is the responsibility of the customer to run the remote wire from the deduct meter spread to the remote reader location on the outside of the structure.
- The remote wire will be furnished by the Township and must be in-place before a deduct meter will be installed.
- The deduct meter remote location must be within one foot of the existing remote reader location.
- If the remote wire exits the structure below ground level, a conduit must be installed (including pull-string) starting inside the structure and extending one foot above the finished grade.
- If the deduct meter is plumbed to a lawn sprinkler system, a reduced pressure zone backflow prevention device is required.
- A backflow device is supplied and installed by customer.
- The deduct meter cannot be installed more than 5 feet from floor, without prior approval from the Township.
- All installations of backflow prevention devices must be tested after installation.
|Deduct Meter Testing Forms|
A copy of the test results, along with tester's current certification and liability insurance, must be submitted to Cranberry Township. Test forms are available Ph: 724-776-4806 x 1515