Water and Sewer Rates
Water, Sewer and Trash Rate Overview
- A monthly minimum charge (base rate) for each meter is based on the water meter size.
- Water Quantity Rate: $7.47 per 1,000 gallons of metered water consumption.
- Sewer Quantity Rate: $8.98 per 1,000 gallons of metered water consumption.
- Because we bill per 1,000 gallons, we round usage down when calculating consumption.
- Trash Rate (residential accounts only): 96 gallon trash cart billed monthly $21.82.
- Refuse charges are prorated on initial and final bills based on number of days in the billing period.
- Residential and business accounts are billed monthly.
- Water and sewer charges are based on water consumption as determined by a meter reading.
- Your bill may also include charges for private fire protection systems, and pretreatment.
- Bills are mailed the first week of the month.
- Bills are due on the last business day of each month.
- If a bill is not paid by the due date, a 10% penalty fee is assessed.
Rates for water and sewer services are based directly on the number of gallons of water used. Water usage is measured by a water meter which is most likely located inside the home/business. Look where the outside water line enters the home/business or even in the basement. Sanitary sewer services are charged based on the amount of water used as determined by the water meter readings.
If a residential family uses 5,000 gallons of water in a month (which is typical), they would be charged for 5,000 gallons at the current water rate plus 5,000 gallons at the current sewer rate plus the base rates depending on the size of the water meter.
A residential home with a ¾ inch water meter using 5,387 gallons of water in a month would be charged $104.20
$8.40 water base rate + $13.55 sewer base rate + (5 x $7.47 consumption) + (5 x $8.98 consumption) = $104.20 for public water and sewer services. Remember, we round usage down when calculating consumption.
Water, sewer, and related service rates are shown below. Bill Payment Options include auto-pay and e-bill
Metered Water Service
Monthly Minimum Meter Charge for each meter is based on water meter sizes.
Meter Quantity Charge $7.47 per 1,000 gallons. (effective 9/30/2018)
Metered Sewer Service
Monthly Minimum Meter Charge for each meter, is based on water meter sizes, as shown below.
Meter Quantity Charges $8.98 / 1,000 gallons (effective 5/29/2018)
Un-Metered Sewer Service $63.00 / month (effective 5/29/2018)
| Meter Size
Private Fire Protection
Residential: These charges apply to some residential structures that are required, by law, to have fire suppression systems.These will be assessed a private fire protection fee of $7.00 (flat rate) per month, per unit. The premises, if furnished general water service in addition to private fire protection service, will be billed for general metered water service in accordance with the current rate schedule.
Commercial: These charges apply to some businesses that have fire protection systems. These will be accessed a private fire protection fee based on the size of the line. The premises, if furnished general water service in addition to private fire protection service, will be billed for general metered water service in accordance with the current rate schedule.
| Fire Line Size
|Service Application Fee||$10.00|
|Rental Unit Security Deposit||$200.00|
|Account Past-Due Charge||10% of current balance|
|Returned Check Charge||$30.00|
|Property Liens for Delinquent Accounts||6% interest, plus all Butler County charges|
|Reconnect Service Fee||$50.00|
|Turn-On / Turn-Off for inspection||$50.00|
|Water Meter Test Charge||$100.00 + testing agency charges|
|$500 deposit, plus 10% surcharge to current water rates
|1" Water Tap*||* $2,660.00
* May be reduced by $360. due to developer-funded infrastructure
|Sewer Tap *||* $2,686.00
* May be reduced by $27. due to developer-funded infrastructure
|Deduct Meter (effective 6/1/18)|
|5/8" x 3/4"||$453.00, installed|
|1 1/2"||$1,952.00, installed|
|Deduct meter Reconnection||$25.00|
|Home Inspection Fee||$50.00|
|3/4" Well Meter||$490.00 (effective 6/1/18)|
|1" Well Meter||$579.00 (effective 6/1/18)|