Building and Zoning Codes
The group is primarily responsible for building, zoning, sign and fire prevention permit review, issuance and inspection. Key functions include enforcement of the building and zoning code(s), the Property Code and responding to citizen concerns related to such matters.
Ordinance No. 2017-476
Sidewalk maintenance is the responsibility of every property owner. In the warmer months, remember to keep sidewalks clear of debris, such as bush and tree limbs. During the winter, remember that snow and ice removal from sidewalks is the responsibility of each resident and business whose properties abut those sidewalks. Sidewalk maintenance
Questions may be directed to Jeff Musher, Manager, Development and Code Services.
Ph: 724-776-4806 x1105.
|Residential||Access the Residential Building Permit package, as well as additional information related to residential construction.
|Non-Residential||Access Non-Residential Building and Zoning Permit package, as well as additional information related to non-residential construction.
|Signs||Access the Sign Ordinance and Sign Permit application.
|Fees, Codes & Ordinances||Access the fee schedule for inspections, technical reviews, utility services, rentals, permits and application approvals.
|Access applications for fire alarm, sprinkler, hood/suppression systems and testing, and additional information.
|Building / Fire Code Appeals Board||The Building / Fire Code Appeals Board hears appeals based on Building Code Official's decision(s), requests for variances, and/or extensions for project completion.|
|The Zoning Hearing Board hears appeals from property owners seeking variances from zoning requirements.
|Issued Permits||Access monthly summary reports for Residential and Non-Residential building permits that have been issued.|
- What Building Codes are enforced by the Township?
- What is the difference between a Type I and Type II permit and why does Cranberry Township issue permits that way?
- Do I need a permit for a deck, shed, or addition to my home or porch?
- How do I obtain a building permit for a swimming pool (in-ground or above-ground)?
- Are permits required when finishing a residential basement?
- Does a children’s play-set require a permit?
- Does a fence require a permit?
- How many new homes are built in Cranberry Township per year?
- What is the required guardrail height for a deck, balcony, or porch?
- Why are certain builders permitted to build in the Township even though there are complaints against them?